Pupil Premium Information
The Pupil Premium is an allocation of funding, in addition to main school funding, which schools receive according to the number of children in specific groups.
Schools receive Pupil Premium funding for:
- All children who are eligible for free school meals (FSM)
- All children who have been eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any point in the last 6 years
- All children who have been looked after by a local authority, or children who have left local authority care on a special guardianship order or child arrangements order.
- All children who have parents in the armed forces.
The government awards the Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) to:
- Raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential
- Support children and young people with parents in the regular armed forces
It is up to schools to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent, but the funding should be used to support these children. All schools are required to publish, on their websites, the funding they have received and how the money is being used.
At Carlisle Infant School
At Carlisle Infant School the grant is allocated to initiatives to ensure pupils reach their full potential, both academically and socially. The school aims to raise the attainment and progress of pupils eligible for the PPG so that their performance is in line with pupils who are not entitled to the PPG (both nationally and within their own school).
At Carlisle Infant School, we strive to ensure all pupils achieve equality of opportunity and we monitor attainment and progress continuously. Our belief and research evidence shows that, the quality of teaching and learning is the most important factor in the achievement of all pupils. This remains a consistent focus of the school and is the focus of our staff training and support from the senior leadership team. In addition to this, we are able to provide those pupils eligible for pupil premium with specific support depending on their individual needs.
- Pupil Premium Report 2014-15
- Pupil Premium Grant Spending Plan and Impact Statement 2014-15
- Pupil Premium Grant Spending Plan 2015-16
- Pupil Premium Grant Report Evaluation 2015-2016
- Pupil Premium Grant Spending Plan and Impact Statement 2015-16
- Pupil Premium Grant Strategy and Spending Plan 2016-17
- Pupil Premium Grant Spending and Impact Report 2016-2017
- Pupil Premium Grant Strategy and Spending Plan 2017-2018
- Pupil Premium Grant Spending and Impact Report 2017-2018
- Pupil Premium Grant Strategy and Spending Plan 2018-2019